Posed Newborn Photography Workshop
with Andreea Velican
This workshop is devoted to "Posed newborn photography" and aims to familiarize students with newborn posing, lighting, equipment and props necessary for a successful newborn session, as well a baby safety.
Day 1: THEORY
• The concept of "posed newborn photography"
• Photo equipment and studio equipment for infant photography
• Light and portrait of the newborn
• Posing and safety of the newborn
• Props: specialized principles and suppliers
• Editing - Principles and Theory
• All the techniques on the first day will be explained on a StandIn Baby doll.
Day 2: PRACTICAL COURSE
• Applying the theory in a photo session with a baby model (posing and light)
• Selecting photos for a client gallery
• Editing the gallery
• Reviewing one photo taken by each learner during the photo session
Terms of Participation
The course is for photographers who already possess adequate use of their own camera equipment as well as the basics of photography and have good working knowledge of Photoshop and Lightroom.
Students should bring with them:
a Full frame sensor camera + 50mm lens / Camera with dx sensor + 35mm lens;
SD or CF memory cards
pen and notepad;
usb stick with a representative photo from their portfolio (preferably from a newborn photoshoot).